Identified Certainteed coils

A quick learner from Brooklyn, NY says:
We were able to remove the window and the balance shoes, supports and coils.
The numbers on the shoes are AF87598;
The numbers on the supports are H65 34/5M.
The coil has a 10 on it, with a J underneath.
Both coils have snapped in half (half is on the shoes and the other half is on the supports. We
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Can you confirm the stamp on your coil springs? I don't know of any that have a 10 pound rating. Also, how many springs do you have on each side of the window?

Can you also show me a clear picture of the pivot shoe? With your sash installed, I can't make it out. It would probably be best to remove it from the window entirely so that we can get a good look. Thanks!
The spring does have the number 10 stamped on it and below that stamp is the letter "J". I've taken a picture (att'd). There is 1 spring on each side of the window (these have apparently snapped in half, so it is visible on the pivot shoe & the support on each side). I've also taken pictures of the pivot shoe. Thanks very much for your help.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
That is weird! Can you tell me how heavy your sash is? I wonder if it is 20 pounds. In the meantime, I will look into this stamp and see what I can find.
A quick learner from Brooklyn, New York says:
Now that you mention it, the sash could weigh 15 + pounds. Hard to tell, but it is pretty heavy. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
I would like to know the exact weight, if possible. You can determine this by removing the sash from the window and placing it on a scale.
Sorry I couldn't get back to you yesterday. I was able to weigh the sash - it's just a bit under 17 pounds. I hope that helps.
Profile picture of Paul
Great, thank you. In that case, I recommend our S170-409. Each spring can carry 9 pounds, so using one on each side should be strong enough for your sash weight.
Thank you. In addition to ordering two of the S170-409 springs, which pivot shoes and supports should I order to replace the ones on this window. The pivot shoe number is AF87598 and the support number is H65 34/5M.

Thanks once again for all your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Sure! See our 15-192 pivot shoe, 15-156 or 15-185 supports, 15-157 drum and 33-072 screw. Keep in mind you only need to replace the parts that are damaged. If some parts are fine, you can reuse them.
Paul: thank you very much for all of your help with this. Everyone we've dealt with at SWISCO has been extremely helpful. Thanks again.
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.