SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Identify pivot bar and pivot shoe

A quick learner from Queens, NY says:
I have attached a picture of a corner pivot bar. It measures approximately 2.1/4" at it's longest point. 5/8" wide. 3/16 thick. Could not find in your catalog. Also my pivot shoe is 8/16" X2" X 1 .1/4". I'm wondering if there is any 8/16". may be they run small?? Please advise.
User submitted picture of corner pivot bar.
User submitted picture of pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience.

It appears the 15-046 1/2" Pivot Shoe is a close match to your original. However, we are still in the process of locating a possible replacement pivot bar.

We will post an update as soon as we have more information.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at our 26-357 and 26-376. Do you think either of these pivot bars might work for you? Let me know.
A quick learner from Rockaway Beach, NY 11693 says:
Hi Mike, Thanks for all your help.

I have already went ahead and ordered the 15-046 pivot shoes. The two pivot bar's suggested will not work. My pivot bar is also somewhat of a corner bracket. The max width where you see my finger touching would be 9/16 and fits onto the corner of the frame. I thought 26-357 might work but the 11/16" width would not fit onto the side of the window.

My piece I believe is fairly solid. I'm not sure what it's made of, I will check. But, I'm wondering if there is any type of epoxy or glue that might work?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear that these pivot bars won't work for you. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if an epoxy might work or not. I suppose it's worth a try, though. Let me know if you meet with any success, I'm curious to know for sure.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)