SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Identifying Channel Balance For Replacement

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Hello~ I need help confirming if I need Series 351 or 390. I can't seem to see the difference between shoe #15-001 and 15-002. I don't know the sash weight range either. Help! Please tell me what I need to order, thank you! Here's some information for my channel balance:
Length: 33"
Width: 1/2"
Numbers on the back: 32 3 AV CMC 2
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. The difference between the 15-001 and 15-002 is found in their depths. Carefully compare their dimensions to your own shoe and see which is a better match.
Comparison of <a href=15-001 & 15-002' />
As for the option, usually a stamp of 32 3 corresponds to our 3230. However, you should weigh your window sash just to make sure that's correct.
A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Aloha Tom,

Thank you for your reply and help in identifying what channel balance series I need to order. The dimensions you provided for the shoe depths confirmed that I need a 15-001. And, I'll be sure to double check the weight of my window sash before ordering. Thank you again!

Theresa~
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
My pleasure, Theresa. Let me know if you need any more help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)