SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Identifying Replacement channel balances for rollyson non tilt windows

A home owner from USA says:
Here are pictures of the ends of my Channel balances. The first two are the bottom and the next two are the top. I cannn
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385.

Now, as you can see, the only difference between these two Series is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match. You will likely need to use an undamaged balance for the most accurate comparison.
15-004 and 15-005
A quick learner from Pgh, PA says:
My bottom shoe does not looks exactly like either one the demensions are the same as 15-005 except that where it is 1 inch it is only 15/16 inch . Please advise . Below are included photos of my shoe from all four sides.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Nancy. I'm afraid we don't have a smaller version of that shoe, but I think the Series 380 should be enough. If you find that it's too big, you can always file it down a little.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)