SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Identifying correct Pivot Bar/Shoe

A quick learner from Brooklyn, NY says:
I am trying to replace a broken pivot bar for a window in my house. I do not know the manufacturer of the window, and there do not appear to be any names, numbers, or markings anywhere on the window as a guide. I'm attaching a picture of the pivot bar from another window in the house. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Is there a way we can see the pivot bar removed from the sash? I would also like to know its thickness, width, and the distance between its tip and the center of that first screw hole. Could you also show me a picture of the pivot lock shoe the tip fits into? Thanks!
I took the broken shoe and bar out to get better pictures. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks for your help!
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe & bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! Our 26-378 looks like a match to your 15-199 pivot shoe.
Thanks! From a similar discussion I found on your site, I think I also need a new coil spring (I snapped it off trying to remove the pivot shoe). From the other post, you suggested the 160 series, but I see there are at least 3, from 3lb - 5lb. Any advice on which I should order?
Profile picture of Paul
Check the spring, there should be a number stamped on it. That's what you want to go by. If not, tell me the weight of your sash and how many coils are used for each side.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)