SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Identifying pivot shoe

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
Hello,
I have several metal cams broken on my windows. I either need new cams (I can't pull out existing cams with pliers), or I buy entire shoe, although I don't know how to slide out shoe since there isn't cutout in the pvc channel. Shoe seem to be 1x2x9/16. Could you give me advice please

thanks, ratko
A customer submitted photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ratko. Unfortunately, it appears you will need to replace your entire pivot shoe. Please take a look at our 15-188. Do you think this might work for you?

Please also refer to this open discussion that details how to remove and install your spiral pivot shoes. This may help give you an idea of how you can take yours out. Please also be sure to see our tutorial video on how to replace a tilt-window spiral balance.

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
Paul,
Thank you for the help. I have ordered and installed pivot shoes and spiral balances. Everything worked excellent. By the way 2 window guys tried to tell me I need new windows!
Ratko

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm glad to hear that everything worked! It doesn't sound like those window guys have ever heard of us. If they had, they'd know we could find a way!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)