SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Identifying the lower end piece on the spiral balance

A quick learner says:
I have a 3/8" dia x 28' long spiral balance where the lower end piece came off. It is riveted on. I didn't see anything exactly like this end piece on your web page. The closest thing to it is the one on the end of the Series 306 Spiral Balance. The one I am missing has a hook on the end with a 3/8" offset from the spiral rod. Is this piece available by itself, does it rivet on, how much is it including shipping to 97369.
Here are pictures of the end piece.
Thanks for your help,
Buz B.
Customer image of their spiral balance tip.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
That 306 series balance takes the 15-066 shoe, and you would attach it with a rivet. This balance is made for a non-tilt window. Make sure your window is non-tilt as well if you want to purchase this series balance.
A handy person from Oregon says:
I looked at the 15-066 shoe. The holes for the rivet are 90 deg off. I don't think it will fit. Do you have anything that approximates the shoe that is in the pictures. Buz
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at the newly added balance shoe 15-142.

If you believe that the 15-142 balance shoe is what you are looking for, you may want to consider ordering one and testing to see if it will fit your window bracket before moving forward with ordering replacement window balances.

If you are handy enough, you can order the S900-28 spiral balance and the 15-142 balance shoe. You would then need to attach the 15-142 shoe to the S900-28 spiral balance.

We can also custom make this balance for you, but it would be non-returnable. If you would like us to custom make this balance, fill out this order form and in 'additional comments' write that you would like the 15-142 pre-attached.
A quick learner from Oregon says:
The 15-142 rivet looks like the one!
Thanks,
Buz
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)