SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Identifying what pins I need

A home owner from South Carolina says:
I purchased a fixer upper condo that was originally built in about 1972. The screens are original and the pins are so old they were dry rotten. They were completely plastic. I am trying to rescreen the screens as the frames are good but need to replace the pins as well. How can I properly identify which pin is the correct replacement? Please help and thanks in advance!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you have. Are you able to send a photo of the pin? If not, compare yours to our 70-195 and see if it's a match.
A home owner from South Carolina says:
Not able to send pics because all the suckers broke off in the screens...can I order one just to see if it matches?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes! We have no minimum purchase quantity, so you can order just one and try it out. You may also want to consider checking other windows in the house, in case they use the same hardware.
A handy person says:
Sorry it took me so long to get back. Just as luck would have it, all of the plungers in every single window in the house is broken in the screen. I am going to try and upload a picture tomorrow when the light is good and maybe we can solve this mystery!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, let me know.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)