SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Identifying window maker and parts needed

A home owner from Greer, SC says:
We bought an eight year old house, and unfortunately many of the window hardware is breaking. Just trying to open the window (lift the sash), the shoes detach from the channels, or the plastic sash locks are stressed/bent and breaking under the stress of the springs.

Can you help me identify the manufacturer of these windows? I believe they were purchased (by the builder) from 84 Lumber.

I am going to need several pairs of channel balances, and some sash locks. Are there better quality sash locks (not plastic) that would work in my windows?

BTW, I found your site very helpful in identifying the channel balances I need. Thank you!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I'm afraid I cannot identify the manufacturer of your window based on these pictures. I would like to see pictures of the hardware your specifically need to replace. I would also like you to provide detailed measurements for each part. Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)