SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I'm not sure if this 82-050 can be reversed?

A home owner from Neosho, Missouri says:
Hello, We have sliding glass patio doors that originally were with the house (they're about 50 years old). One has broken and we're trying to find replacement hardware for it. The door itself has no markings so not sure of the manufacturer. It appears that your product 82-050 might work, except that the door handle broken pulls from left to right and I'm not sure if this 82-050 can be reversed? The screw holes are the right dimensions apart but again, can this be reversed as it looks like the example would pull from right to left?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Yes. The 82-050 Handle Set with Keeper can be flipped upon installation to work Left or Right.
A quick learner from Tampa, FL says:
My door frame is about 1/4 inch thick. Can that piece for the latch be mounted to the wall next to the frame?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Aslong as the keeper lines up with the lock you can mount the keeper on the wall. When mounting the keeper on the wall make sure the keeper is installed tightly, so that the keeper cannot be pulled off the wall if someone tries to open the door when the handle is still in the lock position.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)