I'm searching for the following broken screen door parts...

A home owner from Corona, California says:
Hi!

Please view the two photos that I attached to this message. The black hard plastic handle(s) go to my sliding screen door(s). I have two of them that need to be replaced. The handles allow me to open and shut the door. It is the original part to a "Traditions" vinyl sliding patio door (a "CertainTee Composite Vinyl Window Collection") that was installed back in May 8, 1992 by Sherman Building & Coating Inc. Sherman is no longer in business and I was given your information to see if this parts could be located and ordered. The INVOICE registration #CA123894 (last two digits could be 74 though). The black handle part (2 pieces - interior and an exterior - that together make up the whole piece) is approximately 9mm tall x 7mm long x 1mm wide, it fastens like a sandwich that is held together by two screws. One of the screen doors opens from right to left, and the other door opens from left to right. I need one of each type handle to replace my broken two handles. I have my original receipt but there is no screen door description code to offer you. According to the paperwork, the vinyl window "type" one is an OX (95 width x 80 height) and the other is an XO (71 width x 80 height)(the letters are opposites of each other), color of vinyl is white, LOW E glass, and "Muntins" No Grids. I hope you can help me with this difficult task of finding two black plastic handles. I have tried Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Lowes and I have had NO success finding something that works. In the picture you can see that the door frame is a tooth-like-looking latch which nobody makes.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Melinda
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. See our 83-116 and let me know if this matches. Carefully go over our dimensions and information to confirm.
A quick learner from Corona, California says:
Hi Tom!

I'm so excited to see that - according to the specifications sent to me - you found the broken handle(s) that I've been searching for - for a very long time. Thanks!

I placed my order and it should be here in a few days. I can't wait to put new screen on the door and replace the handle where there's only a torn hole for a handle left. I'm sure the flies/mosquitoes will protest. Ha!

Kind regards,

Melinda
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
My pleasure, Melinda. Thank you for the order! Please let us know how it works out, or if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.