I'm trying to locate rollers that look like the one in the photos.

A handy person from Manson, IA 50563 says:
I cannot find markings on the sliding patio door that it goes on,but I did find that a lock 82-008K will fit the patio door. I don't know if it is a Daryl or not. It was installed in or about 1971.

I am also going to ask a question here pertaining to installing new weather stripping. How hard is it and how do you find out the correct size. Do you have to take the door apart to find out; or is there an easier way? Are there different sizes on the same door?

Can a window panel be replaced if it has lost its vapor barrier?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. That roller looks similar to our 84-005. Carefully compare it to your own hardware and let me know what you think.

As for the weatherstripping, I can't really say for sure. It's always different. You should carefully look over your door and note the different types of weatherstripping. If you want, you can try to cut out a small sample. You can then measure it and show us a few pictures so that we can better identify what you have and what you'll need.

You may be able to replace the window pane, but I recommend contacting a local glass shop for further assistance.
A handy person from Manson, IA says:
I located the rollers. Thanks. I know you know those are strait and the ones I pictured have a curved spring, but do you think that will work OK? It certainly appears they are the same except for that.
Profile picture of Tom
I think your roller's spring was originally straight, and just bent over time. Do you think that's possible? If you're not sure, I can try to research something with that same curve, but I've never seen it before.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
It could also be an 84-008, or maybe an 84-068 whose spring has been bent up. You could consider those as well.
A handy person from Manson says:
I did order the 84-005 and found they work perfectly. The door now rolls easily. Now I have to replace the screen to complete the job. Thanks for your help.
I have not taken the door apart to find out the size of the weatherstripping yet.
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Glad to hear it worked. If you need help on the weatherstripping, as well, let me know!
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.