SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Imperial window cable replacement

A handy person from Arizona says:
Here is the photos of where we are missing the cable to keep the window from slamming down.
The make is Imperial
Dimensions for cable is 27.75 up on left 46.25 across top and 27.75 down on right.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe that you have a Premier Window Series Imperial overhead balance. This balance is self contained, with springs and cord, and have to be custom made. We can help, but before we begin we will need to know the metal channel length, the number stamped on it, and a picture of the clip at the end of the cord.
A home owner from Sun Lakes, Arizona says:
I am thinking the channel length that you are referring to is at the top of the window? The length is 46.25 inches. I could not find any number stamped on it. If that is not what you are referring to, then the at each side the length is 27.50 inches.

I will attach additional photos for your reference.

Let me know if this is possible to fix.

Thank you.

Maria
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The information we need is in regards to the channel balance itself, which is underneath the top sash covering. You will need to remove the top covering to expose the balance, then remove the balance itself. From there you can give us the length and stamp printed on the metal channel itself. The balance is screwed to the top of the window so it won't fall out, so you will likely need to unscrew it, as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)