SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

In big time need of some help with a patio door handle

A home owner from dutchess ny says:
Thank you for taking the time to have a look. I have attached three photos to a sliding patio door handle. It is truth part number 45258. I saw an older post with a black handle. I want a white handle to replace this. I have the mortise lock. The screw holes are 5 and 3/8. I cannot seem to find anything. please help me. I want white.
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We only have one handle that has a 5-3/8" hole spacing and that's our 82-061. It doesn't look much like yours, however. Could you get that to work? If not, can you confirm the distance between your installation holes, center-to-center?
A home owner from dutchess ny says:
Thank you for the reply. I have another question. When I removed the handle I noticed that there are 4 circular cutouts for screw holes of a handle. The handle in question was connected to the top hole and the third whole from the top. I thought that was strange so I measured the middle two holes and they seem to be 3 and 15/16 or just short of 4. when the current door handle is on there is nothing in the vacant holes. Could they have cut these for future replacement. If you think the 3 and 15/16 can work please suggest a similar handle to mine and also please remember that it is a mortise lock. I already bought the matching mortise lock for my handle. Do I need a new one if I can get 3 and 15/16 to work. Thank you again.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You have what appears to be the Truth "Styline" patio door handle set. I don't believe this is popular anymore. If you do have another set of holes at 3-15/16", then I would rather have you use something like our 82-069 or 82-035 handle set. These handle sets seem to be the new style being used.
A quick learner from Dutchess county ny says:
Ok so I ordered the 82-069 handle you suggested. I received it and it is great but I am not thrilled with the overall length and also my wife would like handles on both sides. Do they make something like this in double handle. The measurements worked and thank you but this handle is perfect except the handle for outside. I also broke this one taking it off due to an easily stripped screw. Please help need to order another one today. Let's try and get me a handle the same as the white one I bought from you guys with a double handle and remember it is mortise lock and it work perfect with is one you sent. Another thing I am in happy with is the mortise switch set up. My old handle sat flat on the door and this one seems to leave a space. Thank you again but please tell me if you have something like this
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have a double version of the 82-069, but you could possible use our 82-044 outside pull. Could that work for you? As for length, I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about that. All of our 3-15/16" handles are more or less the same length
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)