SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

In need of channel balances

A quick learner from Florida says:
I need to replace a total of 3 balances from two windows and am having trouble identifying what I need. Attached are pictures of one of the balances.

Window 1 (pictured)
Ends = see photos
Stamp = 29 4 EX CMC 4 (see photo)
Length = 30" (metal rod only)
Qty = 1

Window 2
Ends = same as Window 1
Stamp = 29 6 HX CMC 11
Length = 30"

Qty = 2

Thanks for the assistance.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. For both windows, I would recommend our S385-30 channel balance. I would also choose the 2940 and 2960 stamp option for Windows 1 and 2, respectively.
A quick learner from FLORIDA says:
It appears the difference between the S380 and S385 is the shoe: the S380 having a 15-005 shoe and the S385 having a 15-004 shoe.

Also, it appears the only difference between the 15-005 and 15-004 is the depth of the shoe: the 15-005 having a 1" depth and the 15-004 having a 1 3/32" depth.

If the above is true, then I think the S380 is a better match, having measured the depth of my existing shoe to be 1".

Does that make sense?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, that is all correct. If the depth of your existing shoe is 1", then the Series 380 would be the better match!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)