SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Inbetween door weather seals

A handy person from goodland, KS says:
Looking for replacement door seals that go on out double set of entrance doors. The one side has nothing but a nice flat surface and the other side has two weather strips, a felt piece on the outside side and a rubber strip on the inside side of the door. See attached picture. It is a Kawneer style door. The felt strip just slides up and down, and the rubber one looks to secured with screws in a few places up and down the side with hex headed screws.

Please help if you can!!!
User submitted a photo of commercial door weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Your door is similar to the Kawneer brand commercial door, but it appears to be another manufacture. Are there any tags or labels on the door from the manufacturer? Try to remove the weather stripping from the door and send us some photos of the profile. Please also tell us the width of its base and height of the pile. That would help us identify the part needed. Thank you!
A handy person from goodland, KS says:
Dave, on the very bottom of the door it has the Kawneer door sticker on both of them. Please see picture of logo...
The felt piece looks to be 3/8 inch wide (new was probably 1/2") and about an 1/8' on the hard side that slides into door. The rubber seal measures about 5/8" wide, and again attaches to the door with screws.

Also, I think I have attached a picture of the info you requested, please let me know if you need any others...thanks!
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Could you use our 58-091? It is used on Kawneer doors. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)