SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Inconvenient multi-key mortise

A quick learner from USA says:
Talked to a guy at Swisco and he told me to send you pics of the old sliding glass door locks that I want to replace at my house overseas.
I don't mind the Phillips head looking key, but I have more than a dozen doors and I want to get them all keyed alike.
I'd really like if they had a locking lever on the inside with the ability to unlock and lock using a key from the outside.
Take a look at my pics, size and dimensions.
On your web site part # 82-227 is what I need but only if the flap slot is where the key goes. Your rep mentioned part #82-034, but my locks are just flat with a hole for the strange looking key.

Let me know what you can do.

Mark
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Mark. I'm not familiar with the latch you show in your photos. What type of door is this for? Your latch kind of looks like those used on a security type door. If you can, send us some photos of the door were the latch came out of and a photo of the handle you are now using. That might help us identify the part.
A home owner from New Mexico says:
I don't have a pic of the door the doors are located at a house overseas this is all I got. This lock slides into a mortise slot and a hole in the aluminum frame for the key. This is a sliding exterior glass door no handle just a plastic grove to put your fingers in to open close, the key has to be used to lock form the inside and outside. What is that weird looking key called to ya know? Bottom line I need 8 locks all keyed alike.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We cannot guarantee that the 82-034 handle set and 82-227 mortise will fit your hole configuration in the door. Check the length and width of the 82-227 to see if it will fit. Also check the thickness of the door to see if you might need the 82-075 handles set for the 1-5/8" thick door. If you do have your heart set on this lock, I would suggest ordering only one to try it out. As for keying alike, a local locksmith in your area should be able to key them alike. We are not able to do this.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)