Inside door handle

A landlord from Rumford, RI says:
Went online and was told your Cmech #40-150 was a perfect match so I bought it and got it today. My pin is 1/4 inch and was told the 40-150 had the same pin(spindle) size. As you can see it is not as the 40-150 takes a1/8 pin. See photo, Can you match the Cmech handle? what are my options. My order number was 513352.
Robert Lapointe

I cannot find a compatible handle in local stores.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid your images did not come through. However, you can remove the spindle insert for the 40-150. Use a 3/32" Allen wrench to loosen the bolt on the side of handle and the spindle insert will fall out. The 40-150 accepts 1/8" spindle with the insert, 3/8" spindle without it. Could that work for you?
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.