SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Inside door handle for Forever door.

A home owner from Rutland, Vt says:
Hi, i have a inside door handle that is the same as the one in the photo in the first question on this page, you said it works with a shim, do you have the shim needed? Also, do i need to replace the striker or latch catch part that is mounted on the door frame? Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe the 40-150 will need the shim. I think you are confusing it with the 40-145. When installing the #40-145 to replace the Forever door inside handle, you would need a shim. If you are using the 40-150 you should be okay.
A home owner from Rutland, Vt says:
Hi, can you tell me how far out from the door this replacement handle will sit. Is it the same dimensions as the original forever door handle? I have just put a new entry door assembly on the wood inside door of this screen door and the new outside door handle hits the inside door handle of the original forever door assembly. Thanks, Joe
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 40-145 Forever door replacement handle dimensions are almost identical. Best solution would be to try to have a carpenter pack out the exterior wood trim on the house so that the storm door will sit out further, and give you more space between the doors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)