SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Inside latch for out-swinging storm door

A home owner from Louisville, KY says:
i need a replacement latch for the inside of an out-swinging storm door. should be easy, right? nope! my latch has a rod between the outside handle and the inside latch. none of the universal latches i've seen can accommodate the rod system. [though they fit in every other way.] can you help?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We can try! Let's start out by getting a few pictures of your setup, especially that rod. Hopefully by seeing what you have we can come up with a solution.
A quick learner from louisville KY says:
tom: i've put the latch back on for the night and will take it apart, tomorrow, to take a photo [or photos], but i need better light for that.
so, tomorrow . . .
many, many thanks . . .
and here's the photos . . . [see below]
i'm kinda new at sending photos, this way, so let me know if they came thru. if not, i'll resend another way . . .
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think our 40-150 may be what you want. This has an insert that can accept 1/8" spindles, but it can be removed so that it can then accept much larger 3/8" spindles. Could that work for you?

The only thing that makes me hesitate is that it looks like yours has a locking feature while ours doesn't. If you do need a locking mechanism, you will have to install an additional lock. See our 40-039.
DAVE!!!
you are aces!
i just ordered the 40-150.
it will be fine without the locking mechanism.
[i hope.]
you have a return policy, of course.
can't wait to install it.
thanks a bunch!
adale
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Great! Let me know how it works out. We do have a return policy which you can view here.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)