SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

A quick learner from Orlando, FL says:
I ordered the 8' Sliding Door Track Cover, product # 80-103. My door is just under 8 feet. Should I use a standard pipe cutter to trim the door track cover? Is there another method that you would recommend?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
SWISCO uses a hacksaw with a good blade to cut the sliding glass door track covers.
A professional from California says:
I just pinch both sides hard with wire cutters and bend up. They break very cleanly.
A landlord from nevada says:
The track cover 80-103 does it fit on the metal track directly or is it made to fit over the old worn bumpy track. My old track cover made of a strong vinyl material was ripped off by wheels not operating correctly and now I have just the metal rail left to work with. What product do I use on the track or do I just go with new wheels on the metal rail. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This will go over the worn track and help the rollers to slide over it. If you're still not sure about your door situation, you can reply with photos of your cover and door with the wheels and we'll see how we can help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)