SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Installation Queston

A quick learner from Philadelphia says:
Does a screen wicket need to be installed against part of the screen frame? Or, can it be installed in the middle of the screen ?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The bottom section is screwed into the screen frame, the rest is rolled in with the screen wire.
A quick learner says:
Ok, I have an exisiting screen, so I overlay the wicket and cut the exisiting screen and use the cut out piece to install in the wicket ? And, how do i attach the other 3 sides to the wicket to the screen, is the wicket 2 pieces that snap togeather ? Or how do I attach it ?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You roll in the screen wire to hold in the other three sides of the wicket screen.
A quick learner says:
Hi,

I want to install screen frames with screen wicket in my living room and bathroom windows. Those Windows have two parts. The upper part has a handle and can be open. However there are no structure in the upper part. Under the handle, there is a small track.
Customer image of their window.
How can I install the frames?

Do I need this 70-091

Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
What you need is what they call a wicket screen. It's a 1 1/4" frame with a 56-090 door. The screen is held in with 70-033 clips.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)