SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Installation help for Screen Door Latch, Ador Hilite

A quick learner from Pomona, CA says:
I am very disappointed that i brought two of the screen locks and none of them has instructions how to install it. While installing i already damaged one and i dont want to damage another one. Please please please send me some instructions or video how to install this lock.
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I apologize for the inconvenience. Most hardware like this do not come with instructions unless stated otherwise. However, if you were to look on the store page for each, you can see previous customer discussions, where we often have written instructions for those who need it. I saw instructions for the 83-014 front and center, which I will post here for your convenience:

First, you will need to remove the door by lifitng it up and away from the opening. After the door is removed, slide the old handle out of the channel, hold the metal flip latch out and slide into the desired position. Then, simply re-hang the door and check for a secure latching.

As for the 82-063, it simply attaches to the door using the fastening hardware it comes with.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)