SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Installing 58-158 into a comercial wood door

A contractor from Colorado says:
Hello-
We an architect who has specified your product 58-158 (wool pile weatherstripping. We have (4) commercial wood doors that we will need to install these in. They are 3'x8'-6"x1-3/4" thick. Can you provide us specific installation instructions? We're assuming we'll have to route out a channel in the door, but how do we attach the weather stripping? Do we epoxy it/ What preparation and product do you suggest?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This kind of wool pile should slide into an existing slot. If you do not have a slot already in your door, I'm not sure if this would be your best choice. You may want something like our 58-026, which has an adhesive backing.
A contractor from Colorado says:
Thanks Dave-
We do have the ability to route channels in our doors for the 58-158. (I think she is going to have an issue with he white color of 58-026)
Do you have an adhesive that you could recommend
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I recommend going to an auto supply house. 3M makes a lot of auto adhesives for car door molding that may work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)