SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Installing 860 arrow balance

A home owner from Mauldin SouthCarolina says:
Are instructions on your site for how to install these balances? The ones I received look to have a little bit bigger spring than one I am replacing. Is there help available?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Could I perhaps see a few pictures of your original balance and the one you ordered from us side-by-side?
A quick learner from United States says:
I am having trouble uploading a picture. Is there another way to send this to you? I really need to get this taken care of before cold weather. Thanks
User comparison between S860 and original window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't see any real difference in thickness. What you ordered should still work.

Installing these balances is pretty simple. You first put the bottom shoe in first, then swing the balance up and screw the top into the hole in the channel. With a large flat screw driver, you would then pull the shoe down a few inches and lock it in. Simply do the same on other side and finally reinstall the sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)