SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Installing Small Side Mount Drawer Slide Pair

A quick learner from Kennebunkport, ME says:
I recently purchased 32-225 : Small Side Mount Drawer Slide Pair, 14-11/16". Is there a way to separate the pieces so I can mount one on the drawer, mount the other on the frame, and then slide the drawer into place? Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, I don't think these tracks are meant to come apart. I believe the manufacture fears that if taken apart, the ball bearings will come loose. If you were to pull the tracks one way or another the screw holes can be accessed.
A quick learner says:
My problem was trying to figure out how to hold the drawer in place to attach the slide to the desk side of the drawer. My solution was to first attach the drawer side of slide. I then rested the drawer on the floor and extended the slides. I tightened in the front screws of the desk side slides most of the way. I was then able to swing the back of the drawer up into place and prop it up. Then installed the rear screws on the desk slide.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)