Instructions needed for 82-262

A quick learner from River forest , Il says:
Patio Glass Door Handle Set, 3-1/2", Product Code: 82-262. I need written instruction on how to install this
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have any instructions specifically for this handle, but it's not very complex. The 82-262 just screws to the door. Where are you running into problems, exactly? Is the 82-262 what you had before? If your old handle was different, then this may not be the right replacement handle set.
A quick learner says:
Is is the exact same handle as the previous on the door. We cannot figure out how to attach the tiny metal piece which allows the door to lock and unlock--if you don't install that piece the door stays locked permanently and if you close the door when you are outside you are locked out of your house. I have a very smart handy man who cannot make it work so we really need instruction or I need to return the item.
A professional from CA says:
The only advice I can give is that the handle usually needs to be inserted horizontally and then rotated to vertical. Pretty straight forward if this is a direct replacement.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I took one of these handles out of stock to have a closer look. That metal clip you're talking about has a hole which goes on the stem on the back side of the hook. The raised pimple on the spring faces into the round indentation in the hook. With the tension spring in place, secure the lock hook with the spring into the handle using the mounting bracket. Line up the two holes in the mounting bracket with the two stems in the handle. Now you should be ready to install the handle into the door. Take note I had to bend the spring a little to get it to work correctly.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.