Insul sash window part

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,

I have an insulsash window that is missing the parts that keep the sash in the tracks. I was going to remove the sash from one of the windows that does have the part, but I don't know how to do it without breaking it.

I took some pictures. The first three are of one of the windows that has the parts. The last two are of the window that is missing the parts.

I hope you can help.
Regina B
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Regina. I'm not sure what part it is you're looking for, exactly. I see your pivot bars and pivot shoes, and your balances. Everything seems in order. Do you have another part in the window that matches the missing piece? If so, I think it would be best for you to remove the part from the window and take a few pictures of it by itself. See the videos below for assistance removing hardware from this kind of window.
A home owner says:
Hi Tom,
I don't think you read the whole email. I wrote that the first three pictures are of a window that works and has the parts. The last two pictures are of the window that is missing the parts
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for clarifying. From what I see, our 26-040 pivot bar and Series 600 balance seem similar to your pivot bar and balance, but you will need to confirm that our dimensions and pictures are the same. I am not sure about the pivot shoe, though. I will need to see it removed. I will also need to know its thickness and width. Let me know whenever you can.
A home owner says:
Hi Tom
It looks like I need a charging tool to remove the spiral balances from the shoe, so I ordered one. I will respond back with more information when I get it.
It looks like the window that does not work has the spiral balances on both sides. One side has a broken shoe. One side has a shoe that is attached to the two spiral balances, but there is no hardware to attach it to the window. I am going to take it apart when I get the charging tool.
Thank You
A home owner from NY says:
I removed the balances and the shoe. The shoe is 1.25 inchest wide, 1.875 inches high and 0.625 inches deep. I included pictures of the shoe. There are two balanced on each side. The rods are 19 inches long and about 0.5 inches in diameter. I need to replace two
shoes, four spiral balances and two pivot bars. I h ope you can help. Thank you.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Hi
I still need help with my window.
I purchased all the pieces that you suggested, but I still have a problem with the pivot bar. I can tell from looking at the we window that works that I still need the piece that the pivot bar screws into. I am not taking apart the window that works. Could you please direct me toward the piece I need?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Hopefully I can help you out. To replace the 26-040 pivot bar in your sash, you will need to first remove the sash, unscrew the old tilt bar, slide it out of the sash and slide in the new pivot bar where the old one was. The piece that the pivot bar slides into is part of the sash frame. There isn't anything else you need for the pivot bar.
Hi,
Thanks for your response. There was no pivot bar in the window, and there is also no place for me to screw in the pivot bar that I purchased. There is nothing for the bar to slide into. I can see from looking at the other windows that they have pivot bars, so I am assuming that this window used to have one as well. I recently purchased a pivot bar carrier, and I am hoping that that is the part I need. I will write back if it does not work.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Is it possible the sash framing where the pivot bar installs is damaged? If so, there are not many fixes for that. Please let us know if your solution works.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.