SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Interior Awning Window

A home owner from Wisconsin says:
I am building a simple 1/8th inch glass window, 22" x 60", to open awning style from the bottom. I want to order the operating parts from you but notice you have so many different options. For example, your opening arms range from 12" to 25". I am guessing since my window is only 22" high that I need to go with opening arms which are shorter than 22". Is there a limit here? Not sure how heavy this window will be, but do I need special hardware? Also, I think I'll need hinges on the side. Do the hinge heights have to correspond to the opening arms? Can you suggest which ones? Thank you for any help you can give.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Our parts are normally sold as replacements for existing hardware, so it's hard to recommend anything for a custom project. You say your height will be 22" with a width of 60". That width seems to be oversized and I'm not sure it will work properly. However look at the following parts that may be worth considering: 38-070 lever operator or 39-015 crank operator, 36-013-13 hinge set, 39-170 sash brackets, 39-114L crank handle if you go with the 39-015. I cannot guarantee if any of these will work, but they may be the only choices we have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)