Internal Lock D429,619

A home owner from McAllen, Texas says:
The medal rod that move up and down broke off the lever. the Patented # is D429,619. on the opposite is side it has the "Worldwide" lettering on top of a circle. I know the picture is fuzzy, if you need additional pictures I can submit them. The item is 7 inches long and about 2cm wide.

Thank you for your help.
User submitted a photo of a mortise lock.
A home owner from McAllen, Texas says:
I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that I need to purchase this part about Home Depot recommended that I email you for help on how and what to order.

Thank you again
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Take a look at our 42-006 and see if this is a possible replacement. The body is also the same size, but it's hard to tell. What do you think?
A home owner from McAllen says:
It looks like it might work. Do you have more pictures of your model? The description has that it has a spring action lever like ours has but I just wanted to be sure before ordering.

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We can take pictures, if you'd like. What specifically did you want to see?
A home owner from Mcallen says:
I'd like to see the spring lever pulled out of the device. Also I was measuring mine and the hole spacing for the screws are a little more that the 4 and half inches like your indicates. Can you measure it and see if that what you have on yours.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
I'm not sure I understand. The spring lever doesn't pull out of the 42-006, it just slides up and down. Can you also tell me the exact distance between your installation holes?
A home owner from Mcallen says:
I'm so sorry I just figured out why I thought the spring lever moved out, on mine the rod that moves up and down broke off (missing) therefore making that inside piece move out.
The exact measurements of the piece I have from the center of each hole is 4 and 6/8 inches.
if that is the measurement of 42-006 then I can go ahead and order it.

Thank you so much
Profile picture of Tom
I see. No, the 42-006 definitely has a 4-1/2" hole spacing. You may be able to still get it to fit, but it may require you to drill a new hole. Even then, there is no guarantees it will work. I'm afraid we have not been able to find an exact match to your existing lock. At the moment, the 42-006 is the closest possible replacement we have.
A quick learner from Columbus GA says:
Did the 42-006 work? I also have the same problem.
Thank you
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.