SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Internal Top Tilt Latch

A quick learner from Eagle, Idaho says:
The internal top tilt latches of my windows matches exactly to 26-221/222. However, the finger lever of my windows matches exactly to the one in the set 26-334.

I don't care if the finger levers don't match what I currently have, but I'm curious what is the difference between these two latches, besides the design of the finger lever.

It looks like the latch measurements are exactly the same, but they are each made just a little differently (rounded end on 26-221/222, and a more streamlined appearance on the top of 26-334).

As long as the measurements are good, can I use either style?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The biggest difference between the 26-222 & 26-221 and the 26-334 set is the distance between the screw hole centers. The 26-222 & 26-221 have a distance of 2-15/16" between screw holes, while the 26-334 set have a distance of 2-7/8" between theirs. It may not seem like a big difference, but it can be important.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)