Internal screw(?)

A handy person from Illinois says:
My mom thinks these are Crestline windows installed in new construction in 1994, little thin retaining ring, a bushing & a locking ring for the cover perhaps She tried closing the window and the crankscrew backed all the way out of the mechanism and popped the case off.
In the close-up of the treaded piece, is the beginning of the thread chewed up? Do i buy a whole new operator and cannibalize for the pieces i need? I went to menards and bought a truth replacement TH-23076. However the short arm of the old mechanism is 3-3/16. New one is 4-7/16. Is there a replacement that matches the old one or do i slide thetrack down 5/8 to accomadate the longer arm and the make(? )(ick) a new wood sill cap? There is a number (20755) stamped on the little arm.
Help!, and thank you.

Dan
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. You will need an all new operator, yes. Based on your measurements, see our 39-155 and 39-156. I think you'll find these will line up quite well. You should be able to re-use your old cover and handle, but you still need them see our 39-107 and 39-114L.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.