Is 84-078 the correct upper roller number?

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Barry,
I did find that Andersen used the 84-070, bottom screen rollers, with the 84-078, top rollers, in their sliding door insect screens for the Andersen Primed Gliding Doors from 1964 through 1983.
A home owner from Creekside, PA says:
I have an Andersen screen door that takes bottom roller 84-070, I am going to order 4 of these rollers and I also want to purchase 2 top rollers for the same screen door. Is 84-078 the correct upper roller number? My screen door was installed in 1977 and measures 33 1/4 by 75 1/4.
Thank You, Barry
A quick learner from nj says:
I have an Anderson screen door. The bottom roller is broken. When I look at the picture it looks like 84-078. But you list is an "upper screen door roller".
Is this the one I should purchase?

Mike
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Mike. The 84-078 is the upper roller, yes. It's possible that your door was installed upside-down. Now, I know that sounds crazy, but believe it or not this is a very common problem with this door. You may want a local handy man to come out and take a look at it.
How to remove the old Andersen upper patio screen door roller
How to remove the old Andersen upper patio screen door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.