SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Is it a 32" or 33"

A home owner from Huntington Beach, Ca says:
Hello Swisco--- I have followed your tutorials (they are awesome!) I have a question, I believe that my correct part number is 3150. the clips on both ends match exactly with the photos on the website.

My problem is that the printing from the existing window says "32 3 GP Caldwell" yet when I measure the metal portion only (no clips) it measures 33". I thought the 32 in the printing was the actual length. Do I have the right part number?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Can you confirm the part number? "3150" sounds like a stamp option, which is not used in identification. Our balances are designated by Series.

That said, a stamp of "32 3" should be on a 33" long channel balance. That's normal. There is a logic behind it, though it's a little convoluted. It's better to consider the stamp entirely independent of any physical aspect of the balance. It should only be used to match up to a replacement stamp option. In other words, everything you measured checks out. I would just confirm your Series.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)