SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Is there an insert that should be in place on this threshold?

A home owner from Colorado says:
Hi-

I'm wondering if there is supposed to be an insert of some sort for this threshold as we have a gap between the door and this threshold and there isn't any existing material on the door that could be replaced. I'm wondering if there is supposed to be something on the threshold that would fill the gap and provide a barrier between the door bottom and the threshold. Any information on what sort of part you have that would work would be great.

Thanks for your help,
S
User submitted photos of door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what to recommend. Please send us a photo of the bottom edge of the door which goes with this threshold. Please make sure to include a side profile of the door and dimensions. That would help in getting some idea for a solution.
A home owner says:
Hi Dave,
Sure thing, please see attached photos of the door. The door is metal on the exterior and interior faces, but has wood in the middle. The thickness of the door is 1-3/4''.
Thanks for your help!
User submitted photos of a door sweep.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... it doesn't look like there's a place for any type of insert to be installed. How about a door bottom? That might help. Take a look at our 58-009 or 58-176 and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)