SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Is this seal soft or solid? Does it move?

A home owner from Queens, NY says:
I bought the 58-001 seal for the Z-bar in a very old door but the 3/32" width is too narrow. I am considering the Bubble Seal, 7/32" x 5/16" but want to know if it is stiff or soft. thanks, Franklin Linker
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The 58-131 material is solid, but has the ability to bend and move if need be. If you're uncertain about using this as a replacement, you may submit photos of your current seal to so we can help you find the part(s) you need.
I bought the 58-001 seal for the Z-bar in a very old door but the 3/32" width is too narrow. The original seal was made of rubber, it fitted into a 15/64" channel, and had two rubber fins that made contact with the door. Is it possible to get a sample of the 58-131 material to see if it will work?
Profile picture of Mike
Unfortunately we do not send samples. We recommend you post a photo of your current weatherstripping in this discussion for us to look at.
The channel is 27/64", the height of the original stripping is 15/64", and width between the two seal-edges is 1/8".
User photo of their weather seal.
Profile picture of Mike
Sorry, but we do not recognize the shape of this weatherstripping.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)