SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Is this the right channel size/weight?

A quick learner says:
I purchased this channel 27" 385 w/ option 2640 about 2 years back:

http://www.swisco.com/discussions/dp93820207031899000-77-37806

The weight of the window is 19lbs (low end of option 2640 weight limit). It worked but recently failed - looking at the photos of both channels you can see the top rods holding the springs warped and stripped out completely. Should I have gotten an option with a higher weight range or should I be looking at another channel style completely?
A quick learner says:
Photos attached
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Based on your sash weight, I wouldn't go any stronger. How often is the window used? 2 years isn't that long, but if the window is used often then it's not unheard of.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for looking into this. It's used regularly, opened/closed at least twice a day.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. That is used quite a lot. Typically a balance has a lifespan of 5-10 years, but with extensive operation that lifespan is of course cut down. As I mentioned before, I wouldn't recommend getting a stronger balance. That doesn't extend the life of a balance any, it would just make the window harder to close.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)