SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

JW 8 Foot Slider - Broken Handle - Need Replacement

A home owner from Arizona says:
I purchased my JW - 8' slider from Lowe's in July 2011. Last night as I went to lock the door the handle snapped off in my hand. I am surprised at this happening after only 3 years and am hoping there is some sort of warranty. Regardless, I need to know which part is needed for replacement. Do I need the entire handle or just the broken part replaced? This information is need for my door repairman.
Thank you for any help!
Patti
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Patti. This looks a lot like our 82-034. Check it out and see what you think. We do not have a replacement for just the latch.
A home owner from Arizona says:
Hi Tom,
Thank you for your quick response. That does look like the same handle, however the one I have is right-handed as it turns to the right. Are they interchangeable?
Thank you!
Patti
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, you can just flip it around. Keep in mind, however, that you will also have to flip around the inside mortise lock so that the holes line up! You will probably have to flip over the keeper, as well. It'll be a little topsy-turvy, but everything should work the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)