SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

JW patio sliding key lock

A quick learner says:
Hi, I am in dire need to replace my existing J.W. sliding patio door handle with one that can be locked and unlocked with a key. Please assist, thank you!
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
A quick learner says:
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Take a look at our 82-073 and 82-074 and let me know if these could work for you.
A quick learner says:
Hi, thanks for the quick responses. What is the difference between 82-073 and 82-074?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Each of these handles is meant to work with a different door thickness. You can see more information in each part's respective description.
A quick learner says:
Hello, The door thickness/width is 1.5inches. Would 82-073 or 83-073 fit. Thank you!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
My suggestion would be to purchase the 82-074, which has a longer key spindle. You can simply cut it to length if you find that it is too long.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for the quick response and the suggestion to go with the 82-074. Final question, does the keeper need replacing or is it usable with the 82-074?
Please communicate.
Thank you!
Profile picture of Dave
The 82-074 is only a replacement for the handle, so your old mortise lock will still be the same. There will be no reason to change out the keeper.
A quick learner says:
Thank you greatly! You and SWISCO have been very helpful. I am pleased beyond measure. I will make the purchase tomorrow. Again, thank you for your knowledge, experience and time.
Profile picture of Dave
I'm glad we could help! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)