SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Jalousie part similar to the 39-165

A quick learner says:
I'm in need of a replacement jalousie window operator.

The overall arm length on my unit is 1 9/16". I do not see such an item from Swisco.
I was thinking of using the 39-165 and cutting the arm to the length needed and
drilling a new hole.

Also, aside from the different arm lengths supplied what is the difference between the 39-165 and the 39-346?
Is the crank mechanism the same?
Is the crank arm length the same or are these different? The 39-346 shows a length of 1 7/8" hole to hole , while
the crank arm of the 39-165 shows a 2 1/2" overall length.

Thank you
Chris
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I took both of these operators out of stock to check on the differences. With the arms fully extended, the 39-165 is almost 1-7/8" past the operator with the hole center at 1-1/2". On the 39-346, the arm length fully extended is 1-5/8" with the hole center at 1-3/8". Comparing both operators, I like the 39-346. It seems to be a little better in construction.

When you say your arm is 1-9/16", is that the gear arm or the link arm? The gear arms are not easy to cut and drill since they are a hard steel. I would like to see a photo of the operator you are trying to replace, that may help us narrow things down.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)