SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Jeld Wen window

A quick learner from USA says:
I have a Jeld-Wen window on which the lock has failed in the closed position. I was able to remove it and have identified it as part no. 10-034. I was able to find a similar lock on your web page (part no. 38-095) that may be a match for what I need but I’m not sure. Can you confirm that and provide the ordering info so I can order the right part?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I think you might also want to consider our 38-139. Do you think that could be a match, as well?
A home owner from Pasadena, CA says:
I did not initially look at the image on your site that included dimensions. When I did, I noted that certain dimensions were different than my lock and some dimensions were missing.

I am attaching images of my hardware along with important dimensions:

- Dimension is [E] is critical.

- Dimension [A] is crtical but any difference can be accommodated if you have a replacement clamping bracket to adjust for the difference (e.g., if [A] is 7/16", [G] on the replacement bracket would need to at least be 0.133"+(0.438"-0.263"), or 0.308"). Alternately, I would need to fabricate my own bracket.

- Dimensions [B], [D] and [F] are important but can be tolerated where the difference is less than about 1/16".

Thanks for your patience...
User submitted photos of window locks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, after extensive research, we have determined that this lock has been discontinued and is no longer available. I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
A handy person from Pasadena, CA says:
I went ahead and took a chance on purchasing part # 38-139. The slot that moves the window mechanism up and down (in the area of the B dimension) is narrow and the D, E and G dimensions are a little off, but I think I can modify it to make it work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)