SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Jordan Window Top Sash Guides

A home owner from Ballwin, MO says:
I need to replace the balances in my Jordan windows and have determined the correct replacement.

However, I also need the plastic cap at the top of the window, but can't determine the correct replacement.

This cap is screwed into the side of the window at the top. When that cap breaks the balance has nothing to hold it in place.

My cap has an overall length of 1 5/8". Its width is 5/8", except the width across the surface at the very top (the only visible part when installed) is 7/16". I've enclosed three pictures

Please let me know what further info you need.
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I haven't found an exact match to your top sash guide. I would double check your dimensions and look at our 18-166. Could you get this to work?
A home owner from Ballwin MO says:
Interesting. Your part #18-166 measurements are very close to my part. I was using and old tape measure. Your measurements are no doubt much more accurate.
I will buy a couple of them and hopefully they will work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)