SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Jordan (non tilt)Window balances

A home owner from Scottsdale, AZ says:
I need to replace channel balances in my 28 year old Jordan non-tilt windows, but the dimensions do not match up with anything on your website. I have windows with balances 23 1/4 inches long balances which are 1/2 wide and have #2220 stamped on them . Other, wider windows have balances with the same length, but have #2230 stamped on them.

I'd like to replace the balances to repair the windows. I'm planning on moving within the next 6-12 months.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what you have based on this picture. It could either be our Series 390 or Series 351 channel balance, depending on the size of the shoe.
A home owner from Scottsdale, AZ says:
The balances are as old as the house, 1988. Also they are only 23 1/4 inches long, unlike anything you have on your website. Does that help to nail down whether they are Series 390 or 351? I could send a picture of the shoe of the balances, but all of your channel balances seem to come only in the 28 inch length which would be too long regardless of the shoe. Any advice?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That is a little odd. With a stamp of 2220, the balance should only be 23" long. Are you making sure to only measure the metal channel? Part of me thinks it could have been cut down, but if it were then it would have originally been 24", which means the stamp would read 2320, not 2220.

Either way, the length does not tell me what Series you need. The only difference is the size of the shoe. You will need to measure yours and carefully compare it to the measurements we have on our site.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)