SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Jordan windows channel balances

A home owner from AZ says:

I have 4 different sized Jordan windows that I would like to buy channel balance replacements for. Our house was built in 1997. Currently, I only have access to some of the channel balances/markings. I am wondering whether the window size will enable you to recommend the correct replacement size and weight. I confirmed that the correct base part is S390. Thank you.

1. MASTER - the window size is 24 1/4"H X 28 1/4"W and the channel balance is 23"H and has marking "22 3 HQ CALDWELL".
2. DEN - the window size is 30 1/4"H X 47 1/4"W and the channel balance marking is "28 4 GP CALDWELL".
3. KITCHEN - the window size is 24 1/4"H X 47 1/4"W.
4. BDRM - the window size is 30 1/4"H X 34 1/4"W.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid the window sizes don't tell us exactly what strength you need. Calculating spring strength by window size is unreliable, at best. We find that the margin for error is too great to depend on. For the Master and Den balances, I would recommend the 2230 and 2840 option, respectively. This is based on the stamps printed on your original balances. For the Kitchen and Bedroom, however, you will need to either reference the stamps on those balances, or weigh the sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)