SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Just Double checking.

A quick learner from Jacksonville, FL says:
I have ordered balances from you previously. Standard old "KINCO" window, Block and Tackle, 1/2"

Markings: 29 5 BX CMC 11 Sash weight is 31.4 pounds. it's nearly identical to the S385 series I ordered earlier. metal length is 29 7/8"

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm the length of the metal channel? A Series 385 usually ends on a full inch. If it is 29-7/8", please take some pictures for us to see. Specifically, we need to see the nylon attachments at either end. You said it is nearly identical to the Series 385, but not how it differs. Seeing pictures would help clarify.
A quick learner from JAX says:
Hi Tom... call it 30" on the metal. I pulled one of the 385 units and compared--they're virtually identical--except for the sash weight... The only real difference on the S385 and the original Kinco was the top cap. It's "cut off" a bit, but I put the S385 in as is and it worked 100% perfectly. Love it. More importantly...my wife can now open the windows!

I've put in an order for some 2960s to carry the sash weight, and I can't wait for 'em to come! You guys are great!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh awesome, glad to hear it. The only reason I asked before is because there is a special kind of balance in the industry that measures around that range, so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the order and let me know if you need anything else!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)