Just trying to determine which counterbalance I need...

A quick learner from new jersey says:
I have an Anderson Narrowline 3052 window and from the Andersen website lookup was told to order part number 1626045, model 1133, but the person on the Andersen Chat said to get part number 1626044, model 1031 instead.

After checking, i cannot tell which one to get. the model number evidently suggests the strength of the spring and the length of the string.

Can you tell me which I should get for my 3052 window?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I can see why you're confused. These balances can be a bit tricky. For your 3052 Andersen window, if you have the old Narrowline using 3/8" welded glass, I recommend the 24-1033. If you have the newer style with the 5/8" thick insulated glass, I recommend the 24-1133 instead. This difference in glass size may be why you got two different suggestions.
A quick learner from new jersey says:
This window was installed in 1996.
counterbalance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It looks to me like you have the newer style Narrowline, in which case the 24-1133 may be your best bet.
A quick learner from East Brunswick, NJ says:
Paul,
You are the expert...
Thank you!
Matt
A quick learner from East Brunswick, NJ says:
Thank you Paul for all your advice. I purchased two of the recommended balancers, watched the video and installed them yesterday. The only complicating issue is the fact that the videos do not show a window with moulding.
All went well though and it works fine. Even better is the fact that your package to me included the screws for mounting the balancer. At the Andersen site they said I would have to find screws or order them. They also said I should buy a new top liner. Swisco did not recommend that. So, as I said, all went well.
Enjoy your weekend.
Matt
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.