SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

KK replacement patio door lock

A home owner from Toronto Canada says:
Could you help source a new lock from a wood sliding door.Pictures are attached. It is 5 3/4" long. The handles have a KK logo with tree stamped on their face. I think this is Kolbe + Kolbe
User submitted photos of a patio door lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Could you please give me the distance between the screw hole centers? This will help us find an appropriate replacement. Thank you!
A home owner from Eden Prairie, MN says:
I have the same hardware while on a double door setup. I would like to find replacements or at minimum a replacement for the latch assembly.
thanks to anyone that may help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Were you looking for the handle set alone, or both the handle set and inside mortise lock? Either way, can you tell me the distance between the screw holes, center-to-center, for all hardware you wish to replace? We never got that information from the first poster.
A home owner from Eden Prairie, MN says:
The most critical piece is the inside mortise lock which is no longer functioning correctly. The mortise lock is 3 3/4 inches screw hole to screw hole. I would also give serious consideration to replacing the handle sets (2). one with the locking hardware and one without it, these are 3 15/16 inches screw hole to screw hole.

I looked online and it appears to me that Lowes may have a mortise lock that may be sized correctly but have not yet checked that out.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. That lock looks a lot like our 82-229. Check it out and let me know if you agree. If you still want to replace the handle, you could possibly consider the 82-034.
A home owner says:
Thanks - ordered the mortise lock.
May order door handles but did not see matching door handles for the second sliding door without the locking feature.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)