Keeper Needed

A quick learner from Chicago says:
I'm pretty sure the mortise locks on my Cardaco sliding glass doors are the same as your Product Code 82-226 (although whoever installed this one put it in upside down). They also failed to install keepers for both locks. What keepers can I get to go with these locks. I'm selling the house and the buyer wants them.
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 82-226 looks like a good match. As for the keeper, there are actually a bunch of possibilities. It would depend on what space is available in the jamb as much as it does on the lock itself. You can start with the 89-020, 89-021D, and 89-021. One of these may work, but you will need to carefully look over the space where it installs and see how well they'd fit.
A professional from CA says:
Sometimes it is easy to turn the mortise upside down. It depends on whether the manufacturer was planning ahead. If the option is not there you should be able to make it work with a little drilling. I always try to reverse these if possible.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.