SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Keeping the 15-066 shoe attached to the window

A contractor from North East Texas says:
I'm having problems getting the Sprial Balance Shoe 15-066 to stay attached to the window. When I try to clip it the the window it doesn't stay attached. Is there another part I need to secure it. Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! There is no other part, really. Once it's locked in, it should stay unless the shoe is broken. Are you sure it's the same shoe you need?
A quick learner from North East Texas says:
Yes, it's the same shoe. Do I need a balancing shoe? I did not notice a plastic white piece fell out of the spiral. Does this help the shoe stay attached?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm confused. Did you mean to say that you did notice a plastic white piece fall out of the spiral? If so, could I see a few pictures of it? It may be important, but I can't say without seeing it.

In fact, could I also see a few pictures of the shoe and where you're trying to attach it in the sash? That will help clear a lot up. Thank you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)