SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Kellar wool pile

A home owner from USA says:
I used Kellar sliding glass doors when building our home in 1979. They are a solid product and have served well. But the "fuzzy" sealing strips are aged and I would like to buy more. There are two types:

(1) the sill plates use a fuzzy that has roughly a 0.280 wide x about .093 thick base strip that slides into a groove and from this base strip a fuzzy that sticks out about 3/16" or maybe 1/4 " to seal against the bottom door rail;

(2) there are vertical strips on each side of the door, top to bottom; it has a base strip that slides into a groove that measures about 0.170 " wide and about 1/32 thick with a grey fuzzy that sticks out about 3/32 and rubs against the mating frame to affect a seal.

Does my description make any sense and can you provide it?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You would need to slide a piece of each wool pile from its groove in order to get more accurate measurements. That said, take a look at our 58-050 and 58-021 and see if either of these match up to your dimensions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)